Tuesday 28 October 2008

On feeling thankful

I found this article on zenhabits about feeling thankful

I discovered a few things recently, one of the most important being that everything is a choice. I realised that i had spent most of my life thinking, about the past, the present, the future..analysing every little detail, until my mind became so cluttered that i could hardly see, appreciate or really feel anything around me. I thought this constant chatter in my head was me being intelligent :)

I want to focus on the good stuff, and i have a lot of things to be very grateful for.

I have a beautiful son
I have a home
I have friends and family
I have a job
I live in a country where i feel i belong
I am in good health
I have love
I have food, water and sleep
I have knowledge and peace

I am blessed :)

I tag anyone that reads this, especially Munqy, Fesh and Madwoman. List 10 things you are grateful for.

3 comments:

madwomaninatic said...

my list starts with good health, of course, my constant obsession. 2. I have a home of my own. 3. I have a family and good friends. 4. I have a job and dont need anything. 5. I have love. 6. I live in a country that enjoys peace. 7. I'm grateful for the good things in my life. 8. I can laugh, smile, enjoy life and appreciate it. 9. I have a car. Yes, may seem odd, bt my life's improved a lot since wajouja came into my life. 10. I'm intelligent and kind and people like me. Not being arrogant, but i'm grateful for these gifts. And, to add 1 more: i'm blogging 4m my mobile in a boring event now :-)

Anonymous said...

Yay for technology :) I remember when there was no such thing as a mobile phone!

madwomaninatic said...

hehehehe.... darling, don't say things that reveal the age group you belong to.....but then I remember the time when flourescent pink leggings were in.... but that's beside the point :-)

 
Locations of visitors to this page

Dell Coupons
Web Counters