Sunday 4 May 2008

Siren, Still Singing

Vladimir Nabokov, one of the most stunning writers I have ever come across, died 30 years ago. Whilst he was racing against death, he wrote in his own very unique way, a final novel - which he then instructed his wife and son to burn.

They couldn't do it, and now "The Original of Laura" is about to be published.

Read here an interview with his very eloquent son.


I will never forget the opening line from his novel Lolita:

"Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta."

4 comments:

sara said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww :')

DailyAntics said...

although it is a masterpiece, Lolita is actually a very controversial story of a man's obsession with a much younger girl. not sure many people would be able to stomach the concept.

sara said...

but those lines are a masterpiece lewa'hdohom :)

sara said...

but those lines are a masterpiece lewa'hdohom :)

 
Locations of visitors to this page

Dell Coupons
Web Counters